Yes, it was Sammy's birthday Friday! She got to start her morning with a special birthday cookie and yes, she even shared one with Katie!
Being one year old seems to agree with her! She was all smiles all weekend long! She must have known that all the fuss was for her.
She even took time to stop and smell the tulips! And just look at those eyelashes!!
Katie enjoyed the plentiful sunshine and high spot on the rock to watch the neighborhood go by.
While Katie was on the rock, Sammy is a pup that is always by my side. My shadow. My companion. My partner in crime who is always guilty of something. Here I was putting my veggie garden in and she was on the other side of the fence sticking her paws under the fence and trying to help me dig. My buddy!
And sure, she's a quirky dog. I mean, isn't every dog a weird in their own special way?
- So, Sam rips apart a freshly made bed and get under the covers. Normal right?
- She has been know to put her head on my shoulder while we are in the car. That's not too weird.
- She moos at you if she wants something. Every dog has a way of asking for things, right?
- She gets in the shower and leaves tracks of muddy paws everywhere. How else would she keep her feet clean?
- She is the quickest hole digger in the east. I have a few holes to patch in the yard. Maybe she is trying to help me weed the yard?
- She has no idea that weekends are meant for sleeping in and constantly wakes up too early. I have found so much extra time in the week for projects and reading books.
- She'll bark in your face just to hear how loud she can be. We've all done that once or twice, right?
- She makes goofy faces in the mirror and has a stare down with the "other dog." Hey, that other dog better watch out what house they think they're in.
Yup, I would officially say that I wouldn't change a thing about this pup. She's everything this family needed and probably all sorts of things we didn't know we needed. We're finding a wonderful sort of balance!
And my oh my, Katie and Sammy are the best of friends. That was my primary reason for adding a second dog and although the two of them have their moments, they really do love each other! And I am just so happy that I get to see their friendship blossom over time.
Happy Birthday Sammy, you turned the big 0-1 and I am so happy you picked our family share to your life with!
And get ready... someone else that's furry and blond is turning a whopping five a week from today.