2.02.2011

A Day of "I did it!"

Yup, shoveled ice and snow today.  Becoming the norm around here.  And, I can't believe how quickly it's toning my flab.  Who knew Snow-ercise could work so well!

In other news, I finally spent some time in my sewing room between yesterday and today!  Whoop whoop!

Here are the results so far... more pinwheels!!


This is what the Central Park pinwheel quilt looked like at the start of the day...


Now after adding 15 more pinwheels.  Sounds like a lot, but still more to go.  I am still playing with the design and placement, but it's nice to see that I am getting closer to having all the pieces I want.  I also still have the full charms to incorporate.

I'm definitely enjoying this one!


AND!!!  I did it!!  I made my first time very own bias binding from a fat quarter and even have it machine sewn it on the top and have begun hand sewing it down on the back.  This is all thanks to the binding tutorial from Monika at My Sweet Prairie.  Monika, thank you so much for taking the time to put it together and share so many of your tips and expert methods!! 

Here are few teasers...




I'm feel like a quilting rock star... the real deal... genuine!!  Confetti is almost a wrap!!  I have gained a ton of binding confidence.  I can almost say that I am liking binding now... guess it helps to know what you are doing (which I clearly didn't before this -- I may even do a comparison so you can see what I was doing vs. the right way).

The day wouldn't have been complete without the gaze of these adorable chocolate eyes.  Katie has been the best buddy a gal could ask for today! (even though her face says stop taking my picture)


One last thing... I may or may not be doing something heartfelt with crochet... (I know... I'm all over the place, but it's a quick project that is portable a la riding the train in this crazy winter weather)  I will show you the full project soon!  Really soon!


Ok, this is really the last thing...  

You Can Sew-a-thon! is officially here!  As in this week!!  The first two projects that we will tackle together will be..... drum roll please

1. The Luggage Tag -- and I have an idea for those of you who don't need a luggage tag, but still want to make this cute project  ... and a 2. Strawberry Pincushion!  I will post the official kick off Friday!  I like Friday's... gives us the weekends to play and sew! 

Muah! xoxo  Talk to you more soon!

This Week's Work in Progress (WiP) Stats -- same as last week

Last WiP Wednesday Total: 5
New Projects: 0
Finished Projects: 0
Total WiP's: 5

---Linking to W.I.P. Wednesday---

7 comments:

Kati said...

We have freezing cold weather here, but I'd take that any day over the storms the rest of the country is having. Have fun shoveling all that snow! Love your checkered binding.

Wendy said...

Perfect binding for your confetti quilt!

Lee said...

The pinwheels are looking great! And good job on the binding! I'm taking a break from hand-sewing some myself right now. : )

Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday, have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at all the pinwheels. That quilt is going to look wonderful!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! What a project you've done. LIKE the word SNOW exercise ... we did lots of it yesterday. Can't wait for your instructions for the sewathon. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

oooh! I can't wait to see confetti! All the little squares on the binding will go great! Nice...

: )

ps. I'm sick. Big bad cold. You run. : ) I'll catch up soon as i can!! And yes, shovelling counts.

~Monika

Suburban Girl said...

I like the fabrics in that first project, especially the blue/orange pairing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails