My daily dose of happiness is often times something very small. Something I could have easily overlooked. Today is another day of snow. That's 3 or 4 days of snow in a row now (I've lost track). Even though I'd really like to see the sun, I am still finding small things to cheer about.
And yes, I have more snow pictures for you. But... it's nearly all I have around. So let's take a quick look at the happy here.
1. I found a bit of color... fabulous, wonderful, cheery, rusty orange and minty green!! (this was yesterday morning while we were getting a bit of rain)
2. Now look at the mystical blues here! It's like something out of a story book, even though it's bent, crushed, and broken a lot my bushes and lilac trees. I'm hoping that means what is left is stronger for it! (this was what the driveway looked like this morning)
3. Around 30 minutes later the night turned to day. What a change now to grays and white. Very soothing colors.
4. Katie is a snow remover expert! She can be found out and about helping us most of the time. I just love when she has snow on her nose!!!
5. Our cave of a driveway with all the limbs pulled down under the weight of the snow. I want to title this picture "The path less followed" -- perfect for us rebels!
6. As Katie runs around, her duck feathers catch and make little snowballs on her undercarriage. These are also referred to as "dingle balls."
Is it bad that those little blobs of snow remind me of Belgium sugar? The same Belgium sugar that is used to make real Belgium waffles! Nom nom... my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
7. This snap reminds me of a postcard. Gorgeous!
8. And then it was time to go in and get dry and warm. I called my Katie-pie and she came dashing... almost flying over to me! Do you see how it looks like she is running with her eyes closed? Added bonus.... look at her ears are up and looking all adorable.
So you see. On a day where it's easy to complain about the weather, a bit of a closer looks give evidence that happiness is all around still.
You must be open your eyes (and slow down to enjoy it)! Hope today finds you warm, safe, and able to find some happiness!