1.26.2010

Swa, swa, swa... swa, swap-aran!

You may remember that I signed up book swap with the lovely Kateigh from Poprocks and Photography.  Well, today we got our buddy assignment and I am so excited with the person I am paired up with!  

I went straight to my buddies blog and started looking around and found lots of inspiration for the book I will choose and the inscription that I will write!  We have been asked to mail our books by January 31st... which means I should try and get mine out by Saturday. 

It doesn't give me much time, but I think that's a good thing.  It means that I will have to make a solid speedy decision!  (Those are good executive qualities!)

This swap has made me more aware of inscriptions in books and it made me think back to my collection and ponder if I even had any with something written inside.  Right now, I can think of maybe one or two books.  I have set some time aside this week to look through them and re-read any inscriptions.  That should be fun!

This swap has also got me pondering... if I were to inscribe my blog to give to someone ... what would the inscription read?

How does this sound?  "Happiness is like an onion that you can't get enough of.  Your addicted to peeling back it's layers and revealing all the lovely flavors that are hidden..."  Wow, not sure where I was going with that.

Hmm... maybe I will start again, "Trying to put your hands around happiness is like trying to hold a slippery frog and a hot coal at the same time.  You can't hold either in your hands for very long, but for those brief seconds that you manage too, you feel like you are On Top of the World.  May this blog help you find yourself On Top of the World often!" 

I may need more practice at this!

Stepping out my comfort zone with an exciting book swap with a total stranger is scary and thrilling all at the same time!  Knowing I can get through this and enjoy it = happiness!

Singing the title of this post to the Barbara Ann song by the Beach Boys = happiness!!  

"Swa swa swa, swa swap-aran
Swa swa swa, swa swap-aran
Swa swa swa, swa swap-aran
You've got me swappin' and a mailin'
openin' and a postin'
Swap-aran

Went to Poprocks
Looking for a laugh
Saw Swap-aran
So, I thought I'd take a chance
Swap-aran, help me plan
You've got me swappin' and a mailin'
openin' and a postin'
Swap-aran

Tried to avoid
Tried to stay shy
Tried to not to do
But I knew it wouldn't do
Swap-aran, help me plan

You've got me swappin' and a mailin'
openin' and a postin'
Swap-aran

2 comments:

Carrie said...

love the song! it's stuck in my head now. (in a good way)

Erin {pughs' news} said...

This made me smile. I'm in the swap, too, and I have NO IDEA what to write in the book I chose. Must figure it out, and soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails