12.22.2010

Flowers and Mug Rugs

The Mr. brought me flowers. *swoon*

These are cyclamen and the color just perks me up every time I see them!


 Aren't the leaves pretty too!


I was working on some small mug rug projects for my brother and his fiance last night.  He got engaged this year and I thought it would be fun to make him a little memento of that memory. 

I will probably stitch in the date they picked to get married to help him remember when to show up -- I kid, I kid!

Designing these are fun.  My brother proposed under a full moon, so I was trying to depict a beach with a starry night sky and big round full moon.  Lots of fun!!


Hers corresponds with a big 'ole YES! and that white triangle will be fashioned into the diamond of a ring.  (excuse the lumpiness in this photo)


They have selected blues and yellows for their July wedding theme.  I think that makes these even more special since I'm using those colors!  I have already picked out the backing and binding and hopefully these will finish up easily tonight!

I think I will package these will a little hot cocoa to make these into a cute joint gift!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

the flowers are gorgeous and you are so crafty and creative!

Merry Christmas!

Dianne said...

the flowers are beautiful
what a wonderful surprise

you lovingly create the most amazing things :)

cieldequimper said...

Love the mug rug projects, you're giving me ideas!

C said...

What a thoughtful engagement present!

Traci said...

That is soooooooo sweet - what a thoughtful gift :)

Betsy Brock said...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! I'm so glad we've met in blogland!

I have a cyclamen...it's old! But it's still blooming!

Hope you have a happy holiday!

Craftberry Bush said...

Hey Christie, just wanted to wish you and your family a beautiful Christmas. Thanks for your visits to my little blog. I envy your sewing skills and learn a lot from you. Merry Christmas miss Happy! xo
Lucy

Augie and Ti's mom said...

Beautiful flowers, and I must say you have the most fun ideas!

Aunt Spicy said...

Totally fun! I love the moon/beach idea, but the sentiment is fabulous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails