11.07.2011

My Weekend Wood Stacking Adventures

Like I was saying, we were very busy this weekend.  Luckily power was restored in full Friday night and we could start getting back to normal things. 

Like taking pictures of the pups.  Katie is on the left, Sammy on the right.


Once some of the clean up was done we played.  You can see all the wood we cut and stacked in the back for drying.  It still needs to be split, but that might be a spring time thing. 

Do you you see Sammy in this one?


Katie got in a little running too.  They were so happy to goof off and chase each other.


See those big pieces on the right?  That is from the big oak that feel on the power lines.  Each one of those probably means a nice warm night.  Crazy how big they are -- and heavy!!


More goofing off was order...


And life is funny sometimes, because as I was browsing my google reader the other day and I ran across this post from What's Up Whimsy which had this picture ... which I of course pinned. 


...hmmm,  and now it looks like I have my own version!


With a couple of silly goldies to boot.


And this one is perfect for a reference to how big those crazy logs are!  The biggest is almost as tall as Sammy!


And lastly, due to the storm, our Halloween party was pushed back a week, so this past weekend we played Halloween.  Here I am with the mister.  I'm a pirate.  He's a bony zombie. 

And you know. 

He won scariest costume.  Craziness!! 


Cheers to a good week and hope you are smiling no matter what you have going on!!

8 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Glad you got your power back ... Oh most of the snow melted. LOVE the HAL costume. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

wow , that snow is way too early isn't it,, that wood looks great!!I miss burning wood, such great photos of the doggies,

Melissa said...

That wood pile would make a great quilt design!

Unknown said...

lovely blog and puppies. hugs

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

1. You make a a cute pirate. lol
2. You have the sweetest kids ever! I love Katie & SammY!!! omg

3. That photo of the wood & the bouquet is JUST GORGEOUS! Sheesh! I love it. Absolutely.

~Monika

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I still can't believe that snow storm! Glad your power is back!
xx

Anonymous said...

Wow! You worked hard. And the dogs looked so eager to help! Love your costumes too!!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

I miss stacking wood. Now that we live in Texas, there isn't any need for a wood burning stove, plus we don't have trees here to cut for wood. Never thought I would say that I missed that particular chore, LOL!
~Kimberlee

Related Posts with Thumbnails