Yesterday I began to tempt you with yummy baked goods and then left you hanging. Truth is I ran out of blog time yesterday and I really did feel bad about that all night. Really!
But, if you came back today....
... then it kinda worked ... didn't it?
And I promise this was worth the wait!
I decided to have a little fun with these and decorated them a little fancy. And fancy lookin' doesn't have to be hard. Here's what I did to get those sweet swirlys...
- Take a regular can pre-packaged frosting. I used milk chocolate for the yellow butter cake cuppies. And I used vanilla with cinnamon mixed in for the pumpkin spice cuppies.
- Dump, scrape, and plop that frosting in to your mixer.
- This step is optional. I added a bit of cayenne pepper to the milk chocolate frosting. Gives the frosting a hint of heat. You see, I'm from Texas. And I add heat to everything I can. Makes life more interesting and who couldn't use a little heat in there life?
- Now, mix the frosting on a high speed. This adds air into the frosting, makes it fluffier and lightens the color a bit.
- You know your frosting is whipped when ... well, I don't think you can over do this, so whip away until you start to notice that color change.
- Using a spoon, put the whipped frosting in zippy sandwich bag.
- Seal the zippy bag.
- Cut off the tiniest corner on the bottom of the bag
- Squeeze frosting through that tiny corner and apply to mini-cupcake deliciousness.
- Create your own fun design or try the swirls like I did!
- For the swirls I started at the outter edge of the cupcake and ended in the middle with a crown (you know, like they do on the swirly ice cream cones :)
Fancy looking cupcakes...
yummy tasting cupcakes...
crowd pleasing cupcakes.
And yes, I am going to wait one more post to show you the final cuppies. You can wait one more post, right?