11.23.2010

Creative Tuesday: Heavenly

Happy Tuesday Lovelies!! 

It felt so good to pick up my pad and pen to put together a little something for this week's Mr. Toast's Creative Tuesday's assignment!  The theme this week was Heaven or Heaven-ly!

For me, a heavenly way to spend my time is hiking with my family.  The Mr. and I had a hiking first date even and we still will use any excuse to run out into the woods for bit. 



I used pen and color pencils for this simple sketch and I scanned in the finished drawing -- really makes for a nice electronic capture!  It also saves me this time of year when I don't have a lot of time with good photo light.

Hope you're feeling the creative juices flowing today!  You can check out the other artists here.

12 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Hey, I recognize those three..it's the happy family! :)

I've scanned my last few entries, too...SO much easier and better quality than photographing!

PS...love your quilting in the post above!

Jenny said...

I LOVE how you are all walking off into the sunset...a picture of real happiness indeed! :) I love the detail from the wagging tail to the lovely stones in the foreground. Heaven for sure! :)x

Heather said...

walking off into the sunset with a true love...isn't that the best? Oh, you lucky girl! I love what you did with this theme. and the doggy is there, too! how sweet! really nice job here.
yes, i scan my artwork too! xxoo

Christine said...

Such a happy, heavenly drawing! Now I should really learn how to scan after all this time.

batsick said...

Adorable. Here's mine http://thelunaticsdiary.blogspot.com/2010/11/heavenly-spectre.html

Wanda said...

Oh that is a heavenly picture.. What could be better than a family and a dog... the best!!! Love your idea.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pic. I love your sketching lines. And your plaid quilt looks like it will be 'heavenly' when it's done too.

Unknown said...

Gave me a good feeling to look at this. I love the idea of family.
QMM

Kristin Dudish said...

There is such happiness in this drawing (and warmth too)... the three of you make a heavenly sight surrounded by nature!

xo
Kristin

Michael said...

Christie--yet another different piece from you and so expressive too. fun. Love the coloured pencil too. Thanks for doing this.

Janice said...

What a happy picture...love it!

Augie and Ti's mom said...

I'm really admiring all your creativity!

Related Posts with Thumbnails