10. It's not all cute pudgy faces and fuzzy fluff balls of joy. Puppies chew on furniture, fingers, pant legs, toes, they bark, growl, and ... well, you get the picture.
9. Puppies, like kitties, also like to play with string.
8. Puppy tushies melt me.
7. I am so glad Sammy is learning how to climb the stairs up and down. She's was getting a bit heavy to carry each time we needed to go out for business.
6. Puppies can (and will) sleep anywhere.
5. Puppies do not respect quilts or sewing. I had some quilt pieces laid out on the floor and somebody (no names... cough, cough... Sammy) decided to tinkle on one of the pieces. Lesson learned. Use the design wall. Eww!!
4. Puppies sometimes change color. Remember how white Sammy was? Look at this french vanilla skunk stripe she is getting!
3. Puppies don't always like it when you stick the camera in their face. I'm lucky so far that Sammy doesn't seem too camera shy.
2. Take advantage of the scruff on the back of a puppy's neck. It's the way a mamma dog would carry the pups around and it is a quick way to keep a puppy from wiggling mid move.
1. And the number one truth I have for you today is...
...Give a puppy a stick. Best toy possible. It's cheap. It's good for teething. They are plentiful. You don't have to remember to bring one with you, because they are everywhere.
Use good judgement on size and how long they can play with it... but you get the idea. And my own rule of thumb is no running with sticks in the mouth.
I am sure I will think of more. Now, go hug your cute fuzzy things and remember those darling early life moments!
Much love for Japan