I had a lot of fun last night and made a lot of progress too.
Ohhhh... and just look at this neat shot I was able to take this morning. It's the top on the floor with the sun shining through the window and just lighting up a square of it. Coolness!!
So, let's back up for a second and see what I did. I wanted a pattern that was simple to really just show off the solids. I will tell you more about it on Work In Progress Wednesday.
Here is a pile of blocks recently turned to a row. I added a navy linen sash. I'm enjoying working with linen. It's very soft, has great color personality, and really adds a nice texture to the solids! I also used the navy linen in between the blocks.
Here is the first row together and sashed. It's the bottom row of the quilt. Looks great!
Took everything to keep the pups out of the picture. And yet, they still managed to slip a toy in.
I sewed and ironed, and sashed, and repeated six times. I spent special attention on the how everything was lining up and couldn't be happier with how it's coming together. (sorry it's a bit blurry)
These six rows are to be half the quilt -- so far. I need to think about the size again once the top is together and I am probably going to be adding an additional border or two to make it a bit bigger.
And this is the reason that I didn't get any better daylight pictures. Yes, it was sunny and amazing today and we ran outside .... stat!
Hope you are having a great weekend and that you do a lot of what you enjoy most!