5.27.2012

Creating, Remembering... and Thankful!

Did you ever just have the need to create something.  Like you can't get the thought out of your head and your fingers are just itching to make. to do. to be alive?



The power was out yesterday for a few hours and in the quiet my fingers led me to needle and ribbon.  Which quieted my mind in a way that hasn't happened in sometime and I reflected.  


I feel like serving as a soldier could be a similar type of calling.  Just something inside that screams out that they need to protect, to serve, to stand for freedom. 

I admit, I'm a military brat.  Dad, Mom, Step-Dad, and both Grandfathers served in the military.  Army and Navy represented here.  I still cry and get weak when I hear the national anthem.  I still beam with pride when I see a soldier in uniform or the American flag rippling in the wind. 


And today, this weekend, everyday really... as we are enjoying our sunshine, bbq's, time with family, our simple happiness... let's reflect on the men and women who have secured that freedom for us and the friends and family that support them, and thank them for all they have done! 

2 comments:

Seaweed and Raine said...

So pretty Christie! And (belated) happy memorial day to you. :)

Monika Kinner-Whalen (MySweetPrairie) said...

Oh isn't that pretty!!?!?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails