4.05.2012

The Rock Wall is Nearly Done

Another busy week in progress, but it's the kind that you get a lot of stuff done and feel really good about it.   And we've been able to pluck away at our rock wall project to the point that it's about done.  Want to have a look?


I just love the look of the rocks interlocking and so neatly stacked!!


Once the design was complete we had to haul away the rocks that we didn't use.  Thank goodness for the little cart on the tractor!  Next steps are to till the garden and top the whole thing off with dirt.  Then I'll be planting and weeding before I know it.


The pups supervised most of the wall building project along the way.  But there was a point that I had to put them inside.... "...how much is that doggy in the window? bark bark"

Here's Katie


And Sammy


Also, I am so enjoying all the daffodils in bloom!!  What a fun surprise as they are all coming up and sparkling in the sunshine.


It's funny how I vaguely remember planting a lot of bulbs in the fall, but by the spring I had happily forgotten where... what a fun surprise!!


Something about seeing all these cheery little yellow faces in a row really just makes my day!!

Almost Friday now... hope the week has been treating you well and you are making fantastic plans for the weekend (and Easter!).

4 comments:

Kris from Duke Says Sew What said...

You've been busy. Looking great! Cute doggie photos!

Megan said...

I can't believe you managed to get all those rocks to balance, or is there some cement in there somewhere? It looks fantastic!!

I'm just getting ready to plant my bulbs now, can't wait til they pop up in Spring, they are so pretty! I love how you have lined that large stone with the daffodils, very cute :)

Josie McRazie said...

I love the soft Daffodils against the big rocks! That is beautiful! The rock wall is looking great! I do not envy you moving around all those rocks! Honeyman and I did it about four years back with landscaping bricks! and oh my aching back!

Wendy said...

What a great shot of the contrast between the delicate bright daffodils and the sturdy grey rock! Beautiful pics and what a great surprise for Spring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails