12.11.2010

Friday Night Sew-In

Friday Night Sew-In, hosted by Homemade by Heidi,  is all about committing to 'you time' to work on a sewing project each month -- this month their are two as we are all busy finish gifties!

It was also a wonderful excuse to hang with the pup.  Something about the sewing machine and scraps on the floor that draws the curiosity of Katie.

We made a few more fabric birds (you can see the first one, Pierre, here, and still enter to win him!!) -- you can see me dancing this one in front of Katie's face... I may have to make one for her to play with. 


I took my first plunge into free motion quilting an actual project.  I think I am getting the hang of it and I am certainly enjoying the freeness of it!!  Once I realized I am the one that moves the fabric .... I was hooked!!


Katie too every excuse to rest her head on this project for some reason.  I think she knows who it's for and wanted to add a little touch of her own love into the project too!


This was pretty much her position for most of the night.... right under my armpit and her head on my leg.


Here's another sneak peak of the quilting.  Aren't the loops fun!!


Yes,  I didn't think quilting could get any better... but it so totally has!


And, there you have it!  Another happy sewing night.  I'm sorry I can't show more of the project, but that's just the result of the time of year that it is.  Imagine how much fun we will have in the weeks after Christmas checking out all these projects!
You can check out other Friday Night Sew-In participants here and sign up for the second night (next week Friday the 17th) here.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Oooh, can't wait to see the whole quilt in its glory...looks beautiful so far, of course the glamorous model off-sets it all so wonderfully :)

Teresa said...

Welcome stitching sister to the wonderful world of freemotion quilting. I absolutely love it. I think it has so much more personality than a computerized pantograph.
If you ever want to check out a great website for freemotion ideas, check Leah Day's site at
www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com
Best Wishes!

Marie said...

free motion quilting is liberating ... and fun! keep up the good work .... love the assistant!

Paula said...

Free motion quilting is so fun!!! Can't wait to see the final product.

Seaweed and Raine said...

Free motion quilting looks facenating... do you draw any designs on the fabric first - or just plug in the machine and go crazy? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails