I would also like to say a really big big big thank you to Rita a fellow art creative, goldie lover, and enjoyer of sunsets! She has bestowed an award called "One Lovely Blog" on this space. I'm tickled and smiling. Seriously, thank you Rita!
1. I claim to originally be from the desserts of Texas and therefore am usually always cold. Unless it's nearly 90 and sunny. But stick me in air conditioning and you will see me in sweaters and ear muffs. Ok, the ear muffs are going too far, but I have a great scarf collection.
2. I love spicy food. Like volcano spicy. The kind of heat that you can feel in your toes. And yes, even for breakfast!
3. I saw a llama at our local library over the weekend. Sammy was in the car with me and I went to park her in the shade away from most of the cars and we saw a thing move next to a van... yup, a llama. Apparently, they were having a meet the llama day to go with a kiddo reading program. Too cool! (see picture below)
4. I'm a sucker for fabric. Ok, that's pretty well known. How about.... I enjoy watching movies over and over again. I'm not even sure any more how many times I've see movies like 300, Troy, Braveheart, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, or Center Stage. Luckily, the Mister embraces this habit. My most recent ones have been Robin Hood, and The Eagle.
5. I am leading an Art Quilting special interest group at my local quilting guild this year. So excited to find ways to inspire the group and encourage us all to try new things.
6. My favorite ice cream flavors are Pumpkin, Birthday Cake, and French Vanilla. I had my first pumpkin-butterscotch of the season and have to say that I missed pumpkin so very much. There is a stand that has the very best homemade stuff. Going to have to find a way to drive over there and obtain some!!
7. And last one.... I have fallen head over heels for hawks. I can't stop looking to the sky to see them soaring and swooping. I turn every which way when I hear one calling in the wee hours of the morning, and I am getting really darn good spotting them in the trees. I think they are going to dominate my creative stuff for the near future.
And seriously, if you haven't seen Rita's golden, Obi, prepare for a cute attack and then dash over and see the cute fella! If they were closer I bet Sammy and Obi would be BFF!
Wishing you a lovely week!