4.26.2012

Plant Markers

I'm getting more and more excited about "hands in the dirt" season which is right around the corner!  So, I bet you're wondering why I'm showing you a bucket full of dusty tile? 


Well, aside from the fact that the Mister redid a floor... I found these leftover pieces to be the perfect material to make plant markers with!  Who's with me?

I took the pieces of tile, cleaned them off, and then drew on them with colorful sharpie markers.


And look how they turned out!!


So, I went to it and planted a few things.  Tomato's, peppermint, basil, stevia, bell peppers, and hot peppers.


I'll be putting pea seeds in this weekend.


Loving how the markers are bright and colorful and stand out!


I'll also start my spinach shortly. 


And three cheers for carrots!!  The dogs especially like helping me harvest carrots!!  Not much beats eating veggies straight from the garden.


Let's hear it for hands in the dirt!!  Are you starting your garden?

8 comments:

Deborah said...

These are adorable! Love them!

Christie describeHappy said...

Thank you!! They were really fun to make!

Kris from Duke Says Sew What said...

Loving those markers! You are so creative! That will make it extra fun to be in your garden. Me? Nope. No garden here. :-(

Megan said...

What a great idea! They turned out very cute. I love your homemade pea trellis as well!

Seaweed and Raine said...

I should be getting the garden beds ready for winter here - but bending is something that I just can't do very well right now. ;)
What a thrifty and colourful way of marking your garden beds! Cool, girl.
Your soil appears to be quite grey - is it fertile, or do you have to add lots of compost and "fertilizer"? The soil here in Sydney tends toward a brownish black colour, but where I grew up, it was a bright red-brown - and incredibly fertile. Things grew prolifically there (Unlike here where the weeds seem to grow best! lol)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend in your garden!
S x0x

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Those are fun!

Cherie said...

My daughter started a veggie garden last year and we have struggled to find a cheap and easy way to mark them. This we can do! So cute!!

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

I love these markers! So much they will be featured on the blog tomorrow! Thanks for linking up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails