1.02.2013

Small Works

I'm excited to finally be showing you the two small works I created recently.  I created them for a call for entry from my quilt guild and the Katonah Museum of Art.  Yes, after being juried, these have the chance to not only be displayed in a museum of art, but to also be sold.  I'm pinching myself!!  And I admit they were really fun to create. 


Both quilts were mounted on 6x6 canvases.  I also finished the edges of the canvas with fabric and ribbon.


And, yes, those are small pieced crosses.  The pieces finished to 1/2 inch -- wow!  And then it's hand quilted.  I seriously must be nuts.  And it's possible that I'm getting the make small quilts bug.

I'll keep you posted on whether or not they are accepted.  My fingers are crossed. 

1 comment:

Teje Karjalainen said...

Happy New Year Christie! I know how much you have enjoyed making those beautiful little quilts! Even I sew many different things, mostly I love to work with small scraps and hand quilt! I wish all the best for your new year with your family and puppies! x Teje

Related Posts with Thumbnails