1.03.2013

Favorites of 2012

Creating with Mixed Media

Quilting
Yes, I'm one of those people that was so quick to try and say the 2012 stunk and I was over it and I wanted it gone.  And it's true, there are somethings that happened that I would rather not dwell on.  Some things that I wish could have been different.  Somethings that are clawing to follow us into 2013 even though we are trying to beat them off with a stick.  

That said, I am also so grateful I was able to put my happy hat back on and realize that 2012 was also so filled with joy, creativity, and goodness!

:::  We made maple syrup from our own Maple trees
:::  We took the dogs swimming all summer long
:::  We enjoyed our neighborhood, friends, and the woods near the house
:::  We named the deer that frequently walked through the yard and ate my garden.  Long live Calamity, Cherry, and Marmalade.
:::  We celebrated birthdays, holidays, and pretty much everyday in a big way -- like the scavenger hunt for the Mister's birthday
:::  We saw Sublime with Rome and got to meet and greet and get autographs
:::  We went to a playoff game, the Giants won the Superbowl and we even went to the Parade of Heros in NYC to see our beloved Giants!
:::  I entered quilts into my first juried quilt show
:::  Sammy turned the big 0-1 and Katie turned 5
:::  We expanded the veggie garden with our very own rock wall
:::  We grew potatoes for the first time and then ate them!
:::  I'm sure there's more... but you get the point.

It's so easy to get sucked into focusing on the bad, especially when it's right in front of you.  But, I'm glad to be reminded that finding the good stuff is pretty easy too and much nicer to hold on to!

Wishing you and your family a gorgeous and creative 2013!! xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails