1.20.2010

I'm craving...

I'm craving ....

Oh.  Well that too... who couldn't use a little Katie time?
...but what I meant to say was ... DIRT!!  

And spring!!  Which means bulbs!!! 





This is what we are growing... It's an amaryllis.  The last time I grew one of these I got the leaves to come in... then... nothing.  No flower stalk.  No pretty flower.  So, we'll see how this one goes! 
I'm still excited to think that it could some much needed color while we are surrounded by nothing but all snow and gray!


Oh and I have to tell you that after I brought this home I saw this my own little excitement peaking out from the melting snow...

SQUEEEEE!!!  Tulips and daffodils peaking up!  Katie is the one who found them and nearly dug them up on me.  I told them to hang in and have a nice sleep for a few more months.  

(I'm not sure if that means that I may have planted them too shallow?  Either way, those sweet little plants are doing their job... making me smile like a big silly kid!) 
Bet you can't wait for spring either!



Getting my hands covered in dirt = happiness!



Starting to see the results of planting nearly 400 bulbs at my new house = happiness!



Thinking about how lovely spring is going to be = happiness!

5 comments:

Analiese said...

Hi there! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I thought I'd stop by and say hello. I love your blog too, by the way. What a positive and uplifting concept!

I'm actually sort of new to using yoga podcasts so I can't claim to be an expert, but my blogger friend Yogademia (Kiki) always has great ideas. I found some good ideas in a few of her posts.

http://www.yogademia.com/2010/01/woyopracmo-and-fear-of-flying-solo.html

and:

http://www.yogademia.com/2009/08/home-is-where-podcast-is.html

If you're into yoga, you'll enjoy Kiki's blog. She is really positive and always has good ideas for incorporating yoga into life.

Thanks again for the kind words. xoxo

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Analiese, thank you so much for stopping by!! I'm excited to check out the podcasts and yoga blog. Can never have too much happy floating around! And you can bet I'll be back to read your blog!!

Iva Messy said...

400?!?! omg!! that is amazing!! I really hope you share with us when they bloom! its truly going to be magnificent!

Jientje said...

Spring IS going to look pretty in your garden! Can't wait either, my blood starts to run through my veins again in Spring! LOL!!

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Oh so many bulbs!!

Iva, you can be sure I will be taking a zillion and five pictures of the flowers that survive the deer!
Jientje, you are so right... that is when the blood starts flowing again!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails