10.20.2010

Katie and the Great Pumpkin!

I could go on and on about how I am loving this fall!  The colors have been B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!

This is a snap from the lake near the house.  It helps all the day's cares melt away!


We also picked out our pumpkin!  It's a big one, with a great carving area! 

I'm still not sure what I am going to carve on it, but you can bet it will be something creative!


So, why am I rambling about fall and pumpkins?  Well, ever since Katie joined our family I have been trying to get a picture of her and a pumpkin.  And I think this year I just may have done it. 

Here is how the photo shoot went. 

Katie didn't really want to go sit by the pumpkin at first, but then she played along.  She's looking at her Dad who is farther away in the lawn.  I still need to see how his pictures came out.

(hint, hint, wink, wink, my darlin' Mr. Happy)


This little thing cracks me up!  She has a leaf on her bottom!


She is such a grown up dog anymore.  I still call her my puppy, but just look at this classic golden look!


Aww, that tongue, those eye lashes... especially those eye lashes!  Don't they just melt you to the core?


This one just might be my favorite.  She still isn't really looking at me... at this point she had had enough, but it shows that spunk in her eyes. 

And I can't resist a close up of that adorable little nose!


Do you torture, I mean, capture your pets in holiday type photos?  Any tricks that you could share to get them to work with you?

And tonight... tonight is is exciting.  Katie is going to put on a crazy Halloween costume and pose for more of my goofy photo shoot pictures (I hope!), so that we can enter a doggy costume photo contest we found at AuggieDoggie.com

Seriously, you have got to check out the costumes on the Goldies over there... hippies, flowers, super heros. 

It's cuteness overload!  Hope your day is doing amazing things for you!

5 comments:

Jenn Bower said...

Cute post! Katie is a cutey. Yes, we torture our Rhodesian Ridgeback "Rufus" every Christmas with a set of blinky light reindeer antlers. We bribe him with food.

Christie describeHappy said...

@Jennifer, aww Rhodesians are great! Bet those blinky antlers look snappy on Rufus! And yes, bribing with food is critical!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Cutie Katie ... I wonder if you're are planning to carve that pumpkin. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Christie describeHappy said...

@Sugar, oh yes we plan on carving... just have to decide what design to do!

Augie and Ti's mom said...

Aww, you gave us a shoutout! Thanks for entering our Halloween contest! Katie is a cutie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails