1.23.2012

Organized My Fabric Scraps

Like the title implies... I have finally taken back control of my sewing room (mostly, just don't look at my desk right now) and organized my tiny fabric scraps... by color.  Squeee!!


 Just lovely. 

A guaranteed smile every time I walk in the room and I just can't wait for every excuse to pull down a jar and start digging though it!!


Pink and Red in Jar #1
Orange and Yellow in Jar #2
All shades of Green in Jar #3


Jar #3 again
Blues in Jar #4
Purple and Mixed Colors in Jar #5


And my Neutrals... white, beige, browns in this awesome mushroom!


How do you organize your teeny tiny fabric scraps?  --also sharing at Fabric Tuesday with Quilt Story!

9 comments:

Terriaw said...

very cool looking! love the way they are organized too. Mine are just throw haphazardly into a clear bin. I think I might use them more if they were organized so nicely.

Wendy said...

Mine too are all thrown together, at least the small sized ones. I sorted the larger pieces and they are nicely organized. But I think I might have to borrow your idea for my smaller pieces. Love to see the color! Great idea!

Chris said...

Hi there, what a clever way to sort and store your scraps of cloth. So much easier to see what you have when you sort them by colour and put them in see through containers. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Jientje said...

This is nice and tidy and oooh so pretty at the same time! That mushroom made me smile!

Julie B. said...

Great idea! And how beautiful!

Megan said...

What a great idea!! They look very stylish now. Love that mushroom jar

Mine were in a clear crate but they have just moved house to a drawer. No order, just tipped from the crate to the drawer. Hahah, oh well. One day there may be order, perhaps.

Ricochet said...

clever girl!

Claire Jain said...

Your scraps look so pretty in that jar. I've found myself doing some organizing this week, too. Must be something about January.

Lori said...

I desperately need to take the time and organize my scraps. I think that will be a summer project though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails