12.20.2010

Warm Snuggly Birds ("B" don't look)

If your name starts with a "B"... and ends with an "A"... and you might be my sister-in-law... then do me a favor and come back after Christmas?  Yes, these birds are flying your way... but seriously... don't ruin the surprise -- love ya!!

Naked birds?  Can't have that.

For those of us who know people with bird decked Christmas tree's then these are a must make!

I bought a package of doves from the local craft store.  I'm sure really any birds would do -- well, maybe not vultures or crows.


Hello in there!  How's it goin'?

I took a pile 'o scraps from recent projects and began the task of making little neck warmers for these fine feathered lovelies!

"You're making those for me?"

"May I have a red one?"


For the size of these birds I used a 2 inch fabric strip.  Folded in half - right sides together.  Sewed down the open end.

A trick to turn small things inside out is to pin a safety pin at one end and use the pin to feed the fabric through.

And there you have it!  One red scarf for a tiny little bird.  Before I secured this one on I made a bunch more scarves.

Here are a bunch of scarves together.  I did cut the ends to make it look fringed.  Fun small details make my day!

I ended up using a hot glue gun to keep the scarves in place.  One dob on the back of the neck and then another under the criss-cross felt very secure to keep these in place.

Fashionable no?

Here is the family of birds together all with their new neck wear to show off!  I then just slipped these guys back in their original box and wrapped up this giftie!

Looking back on these pictures today, I am hoping they have something on their feel to be used to secure them to the tree branches -- like a twistie-tie or something.  If not, I am sure we can come up with something!!

Fun to take something a bit plain and give it some personalized flare!!

Hope you are staying with that festive holiday mojo and smiling while you are doing whatever it is your doing!!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

What a cute idea!

Shelley said...

These are adorable! Such a cute way to decorate!

verykerryberry said...

So cute and they make me smile big time!

Quiltstory said...

Ah! So so so cute!! Really creative too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails